Probate is a court proceeding that supervises the transfer of property and payment of debts of an individual who has passed away. Through careful estate planning and low-cost probate alternatives, many probate costs can be avoided or significantly reduced.
To speak with a Washington estate and probate lawyer about low-cost probate alternatives, contact attorney Jennifer Rydberg at 425-235-5535. Jennifer has been helping clients in Kent and Seattle and throughout King County since 1978.
Avoiding Probate is Often Possible
Formal probate may be avoided in several ways:
- Assets held in trust may bypass probate.
- Assets subject to a community property agreement may bypass probate.
- Estates with less than $100,000 can proceed through a nonprobate procedure.
- Financial accounts with joint ownership or designated beneficiaries may bypass probate.
- Life insurance proceeds may bypass probate with clear beneficiary designations.
- Property with clear title may bypass probate.
- Real estate with life estate deeds, rights of survivorship or transfer-on-death deeds avoids probate.
Whether you need help with the probate of an estate or need an attorney to help you reduce probate costs through careful estate planning, Jennifer Rydberg can assist. With more than 36 years of legal experience, she is prepared to handle all of your estate planning needs.
Affordable Estate Planning
Jennifer offers estate planning services to people of all economic means. Whether you need high-level estate planning or a lawyer to draft a simple will, Jennifer can provide the quality legal representation you seek. Basic estate planning services are affordable to middle-income families and can provide tremendous value.
Contact Jennifer Rydberg
To speak with a Seattle probate administration attorney, contact Jennifer Rydberg today at 425-235-5535 or contact her by email.