Legal Services For Same-Sex Couples

If you are in a same-sex marriage and facing family law issues or the prospect of divorce, you need an attorney on your side who will advocate to protect your future and your interests. By law as of June 30, 2014, same-sex domestic partnerships registered with the Washington State Secretary of State (but not city and county) are marriages, except if one partner is 62 or older.

For more than 35 years, attorney Jennifer Rydberg has represented couples and families throughout Washington in family law matters. Throughout those years, she has worked with LGBT partners to provide solutions that protected their interests, including elder law planning, estate planning, probate and property agreements.

With more than 35 years of legal experience, attorney Jennifer Rydberg can effectively protect your rights and interests. Call 425-336-2908.

Representation In Same-Sex Divorce And Property Division

Should a marriage come to an end and the parties seek to divorce, attorney Rydberg has the experience to navigate the legal issues unique to LGBT couples caused by conflicting provisions in state and federal laws regarding property holdings, retirement benefits, taxation and estate planning. She handles:

  • Child custody and support
  • Collaborative law and alternative strategies to divorce
  • Divorce and dissolution
  • Legal separation
  • Property agreements and the division of assets

Registered domestic partnerships are available in Washington for couples in which at least one person has reached the age of 62 years. This is a useful option for couples who desire the emotional security and legal formality provided while avoiding the loss of retirement benefits or complicated estate planning in blended families.

Contact The Firm To Learn More

Protect your interests and reduce the risk of property disputes. Contact estate and family lawyer Jennifer Rydberg to discuss a property agreement that addresses your needs and objectives. Call 425-336-2908 to speak directly with Jennifer at her law office in Kent, Washington.

For assistance handling the end of a same-sex marriage near Seattle, please contact the firm at 425-336-2908.