What Do Property Agreements Do?

Property agreements protect the ownership and control of your assets and income when you are married or living with a partner. Whether you are protecting your own rights or want to ensure that assets pass to a particular individual upon your death, it is important to draft a property agreement that will be recognized under state law. Attorney Jennifer Rydberg has over 35 years of experience as an estate planning and family law attorney. She works closely with clients to draft agreements that reflect their desires while complying with Washington state law.

She drafts property agreements to suit your needs:

To speak with Kent and Seattle property agreements attorney Jennifer Rydberg, call 425-336-2908.

Protect Your Property Rights

The doctrine of community property may apply to your relationship even if you are not married. In Washington, your property may be subject to division if you are in an "intimate committed" relationship. An intimate committed relationship (also called a meretricious relationship or a common-law marriage) is a relationship that resembles a marriage. If you are living with another adult for any significant period of time, you may need a property agreement to protect your rights.

Multifamily Vacation Property

Family or friends may share ownership of a cabin or vacation home. Property agreements protect future generations of heirloom properties, when the handshake deal between original owners ends on death or incapacity. Complications can arise as the ups and downs of birth, marriage, divorce, death and distance affect future generations. Jennifer Rydberg can help you create the right legal solution for your family's special asset so it may be enjoyed for generations.

Domestic Partnerships

Registered domestic partnerships are available in Washington for couples in which at least one person has reached the age of 62 years. This is a useful option for couples who desire the emotional security and legal formality provided while avoiding the loss of retirement benefits or complicated estate planning in blended families.

Contact Jennifer Rydberg

Protect your interests and reduce the risk of property disputes. Contact estate and family lawyer Jennifer Rydberg to discuss a property agreement that addresses your needs and objectives. Call 425-336-2908 to speak directly with Jennifer at her law office in Kent, Washington.